Experienced And Knowledgeable Georgia Attorney
The Kinds Of Representation I Provide
My practice at Roger J. Rozen, Attorney at Law, is focused on the legal issues that usually affect the lives of my clients. You may be facing criminal charges and concerned about your record or your goal is to prevent jail time. You may be facing divorce and want to protect your financial interests or secure custody of your child. I have the requisite skills and experience to effectively assert your rights in and out of court to ensure the best possible outcome in your case.
I practice law in the following areas:
- Criminal defense representation, including felony offenses, misdemeanors, shoplifting and theft, assault and battery, drug charges.
- DUI and driver’s license suspension. A drunk driving offense carries severe penalties, including loss of license, significant fines or jail time. When you are arrested for drunk driving, it is critical to consult with an attorney as soon as possible. I will advise you of your rights and provide aggressive representation to ensure your case is handled properly. When possible, I will work to defeat your charges completely and will always seek to minimize penalties and charges in your case.
- Underage drinking and marijuana possession cases. I fight to minimize the consequences that young people face as the result of an arrest. I regularly represent college-aged students from schools such as Kennesaw State University.
- Traffic violations cases, including speeding, reckless driving, moving violations. Traffic violations can result in heavy fines and penalties. If you have a speeding violation, reckless driving offense, were charged for driving without a license, driving without insurance, or driving with a suspended license, I can represent you in any administrative hearing or court. I will seek to minimize fines and penalties and fight to protect your driving privileges.
- Personal injury matters such as car accident and workplace accident cases. When you or your loved one has suffered a serious injury or wrongful death, I aggressively pursue maximum compensation from all responsible parties. I advocate for your rights as an injured victim in car accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, workplace injuries, and workers’ compensation.
- Family law and divorce, child custody, support, paternity, and domestic violence issues. My family law practice focuses on the rights and needs of my clients and their children. Whether you are facing a divorce and need counsel and advocacy related to asset division, custody, support, or you need a lawyer for a domestic abuse or paternity case, I have the resources and skills to effectively advocate for you.
A Former Criminal Prosecutor
As a former prosecutor in Cobb County and the city of Marietta, I prosecuted a wide range of crimes and learned about criminal law from the government’s point of view. I use that knowledge to defend my clients against felony and misdemeanor charges. I will fight to achieve the best possible result in your case.
Personal Injury Advocate And Criminal Trial Attorney With A Reputation For Results
I have significant experience in handling complex cases. Whether negotiating a settlement, a plea bargain or taking your case to trial, I get results through preparation, detail-oriented attention, and an aggressive approach. I will remain a steadfast and formidable advocate on your behalf and will provide continued and unwavering client service. I will keep you informed of developments in your case and will consult with you before making critical decisions on your behalf.
To protect your rights and the outcome of your case, contact a lawyer you can trust. Whether you were charged with a criminal offense, been injured in an accident due to the fault of another, or require strategic legal counseling regarding a family legal matter, I can provide the representation you need for successful resolution of your case.
- Private Practice of Law as Sole Practitioner, Marietta, Georgia – October, 1982 – Present
- Handling primarily criminal and traffic defense and domestic relations law in the Metro Atlanta area.
- Solicitor, Marietta Municipal Court, Marietta, Georgia – July, 1982 to November, 1984
- Responsible for prosecuting all cases in the Marietta Municipal Court.
- Solicitor, State Court of Cobb County – September, 1979 to September, 1981
- Prosecuting misdemeanors in the State Court of Cobb County.
- Previously, Judge, Pro Hac Vice, State Court of Cobb County, State Court of Cherokee County, Municipal
- Court of Austell, Municipal Court of Woodstock; Municipal Court of Roswell; Municipal Court of Powder Springs, Municipal Court of Kennesaw
Areas of Practice
- Traffic Violations
- White Collar Crimes
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- Georgia, 1979
- John Marshall Law School, Atlanta, Georgia
- The National Judicial College, Reno, Nevada
- Traffic Law Update and Judicial Ethics, Institute of Continuing Judicial Education
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Municipal Court Judge’s Council – 1990 to present
- Past President 1999-2000
- District Representative (multiple terms) – 1995 to 1999; and 2010 to 2019
- Chairman of Awards and Recognition Committee – 2011 to present
- Recipient of the Frost Ward Lifetime Achievement Award, June, 2018
- Georgia Municipal Court Judge’s Training Council – 2002 to 2004
- Vice Chairman 2003-2004
- Cobb County Bar Association – 1979 to present
- Recipient of the Bobby Cleveland Professionalism Award, May, 2019
- Past Treasurer
- Past Board Member
- Past President, Younger Lawyers Division
Civic And Charitable Involvement
- Marietta Metro Rotary Club – 1980 to present
- Past President 1993-1994; Past Treasurer; Board Member; Committee Chairman – various committees including Public Safety Officer Recognitions; Group Study Exchange; Georgia Rotary Student Program; Fellowship; Programs; Program Editor
- Rotary Foundation; District Governor’s Representative 1994-1995
- Recipient of Vocational Excellence Award – 2009-2010
- Hickory Hills Elementary School PTA
- Co-Chairman of Dragon Chase Race Committee
- American Cancer Society; Co-Chairman of Swordsman’s Ball, largest annual fundraiser
- Speaker at Atlanta DUI seminars for attorneys